Ascend Performance Materials Holdings Inc. (Ascend Performance Materials), including its subsidiaries and affiliates, (collectively, the Company, We or Us) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Statement explains how We -as data Controller- collect information about you that relates to your interaction with Us (your Personal Data), how Personal Data is processed by Us, how to contact Us with inquiries or complaints, and how to access, modify, or delete your Personal Data. Please read this Statement carefully before using the website. You might also like to print a copy so that you can remind yourself of what We do with your Personal Data.
Please note that information which cannot directly or indirectly be related to you is not considered Personal Data and is not subject to this Statement. Only information which can be connected to you is subject to this Statement.
You can find the addresses and contact details of the different Ascend entities here:
We use Personal Data held about you in the following ways:
Website (including cookies for marketing purposes):
- To make the site work as you expect.
- To ensure that content from Our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To estimate Our audience size and usage patterns.
- To store information about your preferences, so We can customize Our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to Our site.
- To pass your data on to third-parties for marketing purposes, if you agree to the cookies allowing such processing.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of Our sites.
For more information about the processing of your data through the cookies implemented on Our site, see our Cookies notice.
Answer to your requests
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Us.
- To answer to the requests you submit Us through the contact form on Our website.
- To provide you with Our latest news and information about upcoming events, if you subscribed to Our newsletter.
- To notify you about changes to what We do.
- To manage the job applications that you would submit through Our site.
Customers and vendors management
- To manage Our business relationship with customers and vendors. This includes the processing of customers, vendors (and their employees) prospects and business partners’ data.
- To ensure good communication with Our customers and vendors, and the proper performance of services.
- Compliance with legal obligations.
- To protect the integrity of Our website, Our services, and Our reputation.
- To prosecute or defend legal claims.
- To protect other users of Our websites, and to ensure no unlawful or unethical activity occurs through Our systems.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Website (including cookies for marketing purposes): Your consent (except in relation to strictly necessary cookies; see Our Cookies Notice for more information). You can withdraw this consent at any time (see below “Your Rights”).
Answer to your requests: Legitimate interests, to be able to answer satisfactorily to your requests.
Newsletter: consent, that you provide by indicating your email address on Our site and submit it to receive Our newsletter.
Job Applications: necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
Customers and Vendors management (depending on the exact purpose): necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; legal obligation; legitimate interest.
Other (depending on the exact purpose): Our legitimate interests to protect Us, Our reputation, the Integrity of Our website and Our users; legal obligation.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you (e.g. Website user and/or customers, vendors (and their employees) prospects, business partners ):
- Website (including cookies for marketing purposes): Technical details of your visits to Our site, including traffic data, IP Addresses, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access, Identity, contact details, information about product or service you may be interested by.
- Answer to your requests: Region, first name, last name, email, reason of inquiry and additional message. This includes also any other information that you provide by filling in forms on Our websites, for example to receive information from Us about Our services, or to request further information. If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence for a limited period of time in accordance with Our retention policy.
- Newsletter: email address.
- Job Applications: Information you provided Us in the context of your application to a job (e.g. Name, contact details, CV).
- Customers and vendors management: contact details data, (e.g. name and email address); Professional Details; Financial data.
- Other: identification data, contact details data, data about the use of our website.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We obtain information from you in three ways:
- by you typing your personal details in,
- by the automatic collection of information about you as you use Our websites (through cookies),
- or from third parties (for example, you employer if you are an employee of a customer or vendor).
Even though We can automatically process Personal Data, this will not be done in a way that has a significantly adverse impact on you.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are a global business. As a result, where necessary for the purposes identified, the data We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, any of Our locations; which may be inside or outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Our primary servers are in data centers and/or cloud based. Data may also be processed by staff around the world working for Us. For example, Our Staff may be required to have access to your data to respond to your information requests or provide support services, among other things. Data may also be shared with Our vendors that may be located outside EU/EEA or UK.
In any case, if you are located in European Economic Area or United Kingdoms and your data are send to a country outside EEA/UK that has not been recognized as adequate by EEA/UK, and appropriate safeguard will be put in place. This will allow to ensure that the transfer of your data outside EEA/UK is made in compliance with applicable laws, and that your data will be properly protected by the recipient of the data.
This appropriate safeguard may take the form of standard contractual clauses integrated in an intra-group data sharing agreement set up between Our entities worldwide, or in contracts with Our vendors and customers.
HOW LONG WE KEEP THE DATA
We will store the Personal Data we collect about you as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, or as long as required to fulfill a legal obligation (laws or regulations may require Us to keep your Personal Data for a minimum period). This will be done in accordance with Our internal retention policies. After the defined time period, your data will be securely erased.
The retention period of your personal data will depend on the purposes for which we process such data
Answer to your request: for the time necessary to meet your request.
Newsletter: until you unsubscribe or cancel your subscription to the Newsletter.
Job applications: for the time necessary to manage your application.
Customers and Vendors management: As long as a business relationship between us and our client exist, and for all the subsequent legal retention period.
Other: as required per applicable laws or by Our internal retention policies and procedures. This will however never exceed the time necessary to meet the purposes defined above.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is treated securely and in accordance with this Statement. In particular, We will process your personal data in accordance with our internal policies and procedure, that set out security measures appropriate to protect your personal data.
Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone.
Once We have received your information, We will use Our own procedures and security measures to prevent unauthorized access or any other security incident, including personal data breach.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Data to any company in the Ascend Performance Materials group, where necessary for the purpose identified. You can find out more about the group and the companies in the group here: https://www.ascendmaterials.com/contact-us/locations.
Where necessary for the purposes identified, We may also disclose your personal information to third parties, including:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of the business or assets.
- If Ascend Performance Materials or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held will be one of the transferred assets. Similarly, your personal information may be passed on to a successor in interest in the event of a reconstruction, liquidation or administration.
- Data may be disclosed to Our service providers where necessary for the purposes of the processing.
- Data collected through cookies on our website (including in relation to marketing purposes) can also be stored by third-parties. For more information, you can refer to our Cookies Notice.
LISTENING TO YOU
You can ask Us not to process your Personal Data (including passing your Personal Data to third parties) for marketing purposes. Additionally, if you think your Personal Data isn’t being processed in accordance with this Statement, you may object to such processing. We will respond to objections within a reasonable time. You can consent or not to processing of your Personal Data for marketing purposes through cookies, by indicating your choice on the cookies forms rely on to collect Personal Data. Afterwards, you can revoke your consent or object to processing at any time by contacting Us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some countries, mainly European Union countries and United Kingdoms, you may have additional legal rights related to the processing of your Personal Data. These rights may include: obtaining and accessing information regarding the processing of your personal information; asking to have your incorrect or incomplete data rectified; requesting that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances; objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your Personal Data; requesting the receipt or the transfer to another organization, in a machine-readable form, of your personal data; withdrawing your consent at any time when this is the legal basis to process your data; not being subject to automated individual decision-making; and lodging a complaint with the relevant data protection authority if you think any of your rights have been infringed by us. We can, on request, tell you which data protection authority is relevant to the processing of your personal information.
Please note that there are exceptions to these rights and in some circumstances we are legally entitled to refuse your request to exercise your rights. Generally this is when your attempt to exercise your rights infringe on another’s rights.
If you have any questions about your rights or would like to exercise them, please contact us via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are an EU or UK located person.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
Any changes We make to this Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on this page. Please visit this page regularly to make sure you are comfortable with the Statement.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (if you are located in European Union or United Kingdoms).
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your Personal Data you can contact our privacy team at the same email address. In some countries, especially European Union and UK, if you continue to have unanswered concerns, you may also contact the relevant data protection authority. You can find your EU data protection authority by going to https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en. If you want to lodge a complaint with the UK data protection authority, you can contact them at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/